Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

card maker, ATC addict paperparty's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)

A few questions please

Well today I am calm and getting on fine with my robo .
    Have been doing some of the tutorials which have been useful but have a few queries.
    The stand off ring packaging says you should use it everytime you use the carrier sheet. I find I always use the carrier sheet but I remember reading a thread somewhere that said it wasn't good to use the standoff ring all the time. Anybody have knowledge of this?
    I have a pink cap in my blade set but can't find any reference in the contoller for a pink cap - you know where you select media type etc. So what is it for? I'm sure I read a thread where someone stated they used it for cutting thicker card than the yellow cap. is that right?
    Sorry if these are tedious questions but I haven't got the hang of searching for threads yet and am being lazy not trawling through the threads but I'm getting on well with robo and this is my first posotive post
    Thanks for all the help

Addicted to Papercrafting ....... Clare33's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Hi, glad to hear you are getting along with Robby a little better !

You always need to use the ring with the carrier sheet, and as far as I know it doesn't do any harm if you use it all the time!

You use the pink cap for the thicker paper and card. The software as it is set up doesn't give you the option of the pink cap, but if you look inside the lid of Robby you will see that it shows the three colours including the pink. You can create a pink cap setting in the software by clicking on New Media under Craft Robo Controller (the screen you get when you cut) You can choose a red (or pink as we know it) cap there, and also set it to automatically set the speed and thickness you want. You could create a different setting this way for each type of card or paper you use if you wanted.

HTH

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    What ring?? i have craft robo 2

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    The newly designed blade holder that comes with the CR2 means "O" rings are no longer needed
    Ramblings of a Robo Rebel

Forever Memories For You for all you Robo needs

[/FONT]3, That's the magic number. Yes it is, It's the magic number .

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (85)
    I use the pink cap, setting for 'Thick Media', speed 5 thickness 30 and I use my 'O' ring all the time. I rarely change these setting as I cut mainly Bazill/DCWV card + A4 card which is a bit thicker. I have not set any other settings up.
    Last edited by Josieanne; 07-12-2006 at 07:48 PM.

card maker, ATC addict paperparty's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Ohhhhh up until now I have been cutting on the backing sheet without the o ring - won't have done any michief will I? Thanks for clearing that up for me tho'